Thursday, March 12, 2009

Snip! Snip!

It's been completely amazing to me since Kate was born how many appointments one family of five can have. Keeping up with appointments is a job in itself. Kate had a 2 wk dr check up in January and a 2 mo check up in February. Jonah has a 10 yr dr check up in March. Caroline has her 2 yr check up in April. Kate has a 4 mo check up in April. I had a 6 week follow up check up in February. David has had 3 different dr appointments since Jan because of headaches he's been having. David, Jonah, and I all had dentist check ups in February. David and I each had a cavity so we had additional dentist appointments. Do you see what I mean?! In addition to dr and dental exams, we all had to fit in hair cut appointments also.

When Jonah was little I had to start getting his hair cut fairly early since he had so much and it grew so fast. I have some pretty nightmarish memories of trying to get his hair cut. He would completely freak out. I found out by accident that if a man cuts his hair his behavior is impeccable so I started taking him to barbers. Now he and David just go to Supercuts.
For Caroline I found this awesome place in town called Cookie Cutters that specializes in cutting kids hair. They have fun chairs for the kids to sit in, the kids get to watch a movie while their hair is cut, AND the kids get a balloon and a sucker. I love it! I think they do a really good job too. For now I like Caroline's hair short. It's easy and right now in my life I need easy. Plus I think it looks cute.
And I finally got my hair cut. I got my traditional post baby hair whacking. A couple of months after I have a baby my hair starts falling out like crazy, something to do with hormones, so I just get it all cut off. After Jonah I seriously thought I was going bald. I didn't know it was a normal postpartum thing.
(Picture inspired by dear friend Jennifer Deskins.)

5 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

I had no idea your hair falls out. Wow. Anyway, love the new cuts... on you and Sweet Caroline. She has soo much hair and it seems like it grows so fast!

Jen said...

I had no idea either - thanks for the heads up, literally, for the day I ever have kids. I love your new cut!! And, geez, you look great!!

Philip Deskins said...

All those appointments AND blog updating.Wow. What an amazing woman! I like your haircut Lisa!

Philip Deskins said...

You look beautiful! I like this one even better than your last post-baby short 'do.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Grandma & grandpa say
Both hair cuts and ladies are beautiful.