Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Calgon Take Me Away!

I love being able to stay home full time with my kids. Well most of the time I do. Then there are moments like the one below when I'm ready to drop the kids off at the nearest daycare facility and head back to work. Usually these moments occur when there's a lot of whining and crying going on. Fingernails down a chalkboard got nothing on little children whining and crying. One child whining and crying I can usually handle but when more than one get going... ugh! (And yes that includes Jonah.)



Or moments like the one where Caroline just poured a little bottle of bubbles in my hair. Yes. This just happened. I guess she wants my attention.

6 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

Thank you for this birth control. If I stayed home watching kids all day and this happened for 41 seconds in a row, I'd be in the other room making myself a cocktail. Either that or I'd cry too.

As my mom says, "Of course I love you more than anything. You're alive, aren't you?"

Jen said...

I have SOOOOOO much respect for you and all Mothers (stay at home or not). I was a nanny to 6 kids for 4 years, so I have a small taste of it, but at the end of the day I got to go home ...

I hope I can be half as good a Mom as you are one day (soon, but not too soon : ) )

Philip Deskins said...

You are such a good mommy! Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I added it up, and I spend as much waking time with Sam as the sitter does. Talk about your guilt... Work will always be there.

Anonymous said...

Lisa...you're a saint I swear it :-) You're an AMAZING mom! But that video made me want to go hug MY mom and say "Thanks for putting up with Stephanie and my simultanious crying and whining for 22+ years..yeah..girls still get whiny-ish at the same time in their 20s ha ha

LOVE,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

So, are you saying that all I have to do to get your attention is pour bubbles in your hair?

Got it.

Jennifer