Tuesday, November 02, 2010

World Famous Equestrian Games

Has anyone heard any word on the success of the Equestrian Games? It seemed like a bunch of overrated hoopla to me. We did see people, or tourists, taking pictures of things like the castle on Versailles Road. But nothing else really. I love Lexington and think it's a great city, so I hope it faired well with the visitors.

Jonah's class was lucky enough to be able to attend the games, like many of the local schools I think. He borrowed my camera for the occasion. I found the pictures he took rather interesting.

An SUV in the middle of a lake. Neat!

A cool car. I guess.

A helicopter!

Oh okay. Here's a horse. Jonah really did go to the Equestrian Games.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Ahh, a view of the world through the eyes of a sixth grader. You knew there would be some cars, right? Come on...

Philip Deskins said...

The Equestrian Games were a huge waste of time, but Jonah's photos bring a whole different perspective to the event that I hadn't seen before. Maybe it wasn't such a disaster after all! Kudos, Jonah!

Ms. Thomas said...

It's good to see how where boys focus their attention at his age. You should give him the camera again in 3 or 4 years and see what he captures.