Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Two for One

The girls had a good time trick or treating Sunday. Here's our annual photo of kids in costumes on the front porch with jack o lanterns.I swear Caroline needs an agent.

Jonah passed out candy with his buddies. Too big to trick or treat. I think he may have regretted his decision after he realized he has no candy stash to last him until Christmas.
Earlier that day we had a good-bye pookie ceremony. Caroline has always loved her pacifier, which David nicknamed pookie when she was still a newborn. With Jonah I was a "good" mommy and got rid of the pacifier when he was 18 months. But when Caroline was 18 months, I was expecting Kate and said forget it. Let her have it. So she has. We tried to get rid of it when she turned three but it didn't work out. So we decided to try again on Halloween. I figured she'd be too worn out from the day's activities to miss it much at bed time. It's been three days now and I think this time is for good. Good-bye pookie! And good job Caroline! She's growing up. (Ouch! Small pain in heart of mommy.)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Aww, I think I just shed a tear for pookie. What a big girl!
I love the ceremonial way you laid pookie to rest.
Way to go Caroline!

MAO said...

Now I know why I see lone pacifiers laying on the ground with strings attached to them. I thought they went to paci heaven.

Shannon said...

Oh those girls!!! They are too precious!!! Hugs for ALL the Schandings!!!!!!!

Jen said...

I heart your kiddos!

What a great idea Lisa! Love it! I sucked my thumb until I was 5 ... my Mom told me the night before I started kindergarten that the other kids would make fun of me and that did it right then and there.

Ms. Thomas said...

What a send off!

Pookie was something altogether different in our household...