Saturday, May 30, 2009

Updates

Poor Flash had to have surgery this week. I noticed a very small bare spot in his fur that he kept biting and licking. David took him to the vet and the bare spot turned out to be a skin tumor. Apparently these are fairly common in dogs. Well we had it removed the next day (For a price of course. Vet = $$$). We won't know what it was exactly, if it was malignant, until next week. Flash is a real trooper and doing very well. We feel so sorry for the poor guy. He'll get his stitches removed in two weeks.On the lighter side Jonah had his very first pimple! I've been saying that I feel like Jonah is entering puberty. I don't know a more glaring sign of puberty than a pimple. Right on the front of his nose too. You can't even hardly see it though because of his freckles. He says that he now loves his freckles. I've always loved his freckles. (This announcement was posted with his permission.)

5 comments:

big Rhonda said...

two things - how is flash doing???and omg how much does jonah look like you???he's so cute!!!

Ms. Thomas said...

PUPPY!! Poor Flash. And I guess poor Jonah too. Has anyone actually stopped getting pimples, because I'm 31 now and they still haven't stopped making regular appearances.

Lisa said...

Well bad news. Flash's tumor was malignant. So they are going to remove more tissue around the site. Then he's going to have chemo. Doggy chemo is a pill that he'll have to take everyday for 6mos, that might make him nauseous, but hopefully keep Flash around for a long time.

I don't know. I'm 35 and still get them.

big Rhonda said...

poor baby flash...can you give him a rub behind the ears and tell him he's a good boy from me please...

Jen said...

Oh No!! Let me know when he starts chemo ... I can talk to him over the phone to discuss his side effects. Poor buddy!