Friday, May 29, 2009

Five Years?!

This past Memorial Day was our five year anniversary of living in this house together. I still can't really believe that I quit my job, packed up everything I owned, and moved with my small son three states away from our home and family, especially as a single mom. That was one of the scariest decisions I have ever made. But also one of the best decisions I have ever made. I can't imagine life now without David. He made our little family so much more complete. I managed to dig up some pictures from that first year together, from before we went digital.

David taught Jonah how to ride a bike.Jonah's first day of Kindergarten. Wasn't he so little and cute?!
Jonah met his new cuzins.
Jonah and David clowning around. It's funny. Everything back then was boys against girl. They always wanted to gang up on me. I showed them! Girls out number boys now. (Boy I hated that carpet!)We did a whole lot of painting. Some rooms even ended up getting painted twice. Like this one, thank goodness.Jonah started his baseball career.
This is just a really cute photo of Jonah at Halloween. David makes the holidays, and everything really, a lot more fun.Happy anniversary to us! Five years went by so quickly. I'm very excited about where the next five years will take us.

3 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

Congrats on 5 years Lisa! I gotta say, your presence has done wonders for Dave. He looks downright sickly in some of those photos! (No offense!)

Thanks for the walk down memory lane. It's nice to take stock of how far you've come sometimes, and this was a good reminder to reflect.

Lisa said...

David says he is fat now. Whatever! I keep telling him that no he's just normal.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, it was a great decision as far as I'm concerned and I'm glad you made it. David is fat now, compared to the skinny guy he was before "family". Thanks for making our son happy! Paula