Saturday, March 11, 2006

Him, mom, HIM!

"Who is Mobey?" Megan once asked. Mobey is our lesser known cat who lives upstairs. She was terrified of Flash when we first moved in and made the upstairs her permanent residence. She's more or less used to Flash now, but rarely makes an appearance on the first floor. I can't say for sure why. Her food, water, and litter box are all upstairs so I guess that's all she needs. .... and Jonah.When Jonah was a wee toddler, I had promised him a pet if he would start going to the potty. Not that my promise motivated him at all but when he finally started using the potty at 3 and a 1/2, I kept my promise and got him Mobey. From the day I brought her home, Jonah has insisted Mobey is a boy. I just played along. Yet even after all this time, I can never remember and always refer to Mobey as her or she. I know Jonah has told me no less than a hundered times, "Him, mom, HIM. Movey is a boy!" Someday I'll get it. Also, Jonah calls Mobey Movey. David's corrected him several times but Jonah always goes back to Movey. So we decided to just call her, uh, I mean him Movey.At any rate Jonah and Movey are as close as a boy and cat could be. Movey sleeps in Jonah's bed every night, right by his side. That might explain Jonah's allergies. Oh well. I would never have the heart to break them up. David tried to persuade me a couple of times to find Movey a new home in Florida, before we moved to KY, but there was absolutely no way. So we brought the poor little guy in his carrier for the entire 14 hour trip on the Uhaul's floor board. He's here to stay.Movey has huge eyes. I have never been able to take his picture without him having red eyes. I know it makes him look evil, but he's a very sweet kitty. I can't do it. She's a very sweet kitty!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Funny thing... David didn't realize that Movey actually is a girl until he read my blog. I guess everyone's learning more about us, including us.

Ms. Thomas said...

Isn't Jonah just adorable sleeping with his little kitty? Great story Lisa!

B$ said...

I was a little freaked out by the picture where Jonah is sleeping and the kitty is watching over him. Maybe Movey is using mind control over poor Jonah.

Philip Deskins said...

So THAT'S what Mobey looks like!