Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Happy Birthday Katherine!

Well, I meant to post this yesterday, but you all know how I am. Yesterday was our niece Katherine's birthday. She turned a monumental 10. I try to think back to my tenth year. It seemed growing up as a kid that I could never grow up fast enough. Childhood seemed to take an eternity! It's amazing to me now what a distant fading memory my childhood now is. I had a heck of time picking out a birthday present for Katherine. I walked into Limited Too, Katherine's favorite store, took a look around, and left quickly bewildered. I felt like such a grown up dork. I did manage to find something just in time for her big birthday party. Oh yes! A bowling party held by Katherine's family and attended by about 15 of her closest friends. It was pretty entertaining to see all those tween girls in action. I kind of felt like a National Geographic explorer studying the natives.
This picture doesn't really show it, but Jonah had an awesome time bowling with his younger cousins, Emily and Anna. Anna refused to be in the photo. I'll get her next time.

Even though the Munzers don't believe me, we had a great afternoon helping to celebrate Katherine's big day. Happy Birthday Katherine!

p.s. David had to work and missed all the fun.

No comments: