Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Early Celebration

In lieu of a birthday party this year, I took Caroline and Kate along with my very best friend, Kellie, and her two girls, Sofia and Amelia, to the Disney Princesses on Ice show Saturday. (That's when the girls destroyed the house btw when I was trying to get us all ready to go.) If you didn't know already, little girls LOVE princesses. Just as I was amazed how Jonah innately loved sports, cars, and guns. The girls love babies, the colors pink and purple, and princesses. Even before they can talk, it's weird. Anyway Caroline was thrilled to attend for an early birthday extravaganza.

Before the show.
I can NEVER get them to look at the camera at the same time.
That's all the photos that I managed to get at the show. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to manage two hyped up toddlers, our coats, my purse/diaper bag, and souvenirs? Forget pictures.

After the show, David and Jonah (no they didn't care to see the princesses) met us at our favorite pizza place, Mellow Mushroom, for dinner and birthday cake. Barbie kinda got tilted in the box but Caroline still loved it.

Our fam and Sofia.
Here's Kellie! Trying to help me get some pics.
And Amelia! Ain't she cute? She and Kate were born one week apart.
I think Caroline had a very nice 4th birthday celebration. Even if a week and a half early.
Amber! What's your rate for following around a mom who has her hands full and take photos?

5 comments:

Jennifer Harvey said...

I bet a B-day party would have been cheaper! We went Thursday night, things are outrageous but it cost big bucks to spoil the princesses.
Happy Birthday Caroline!

Jen said...

A friend of mine posted a picture of her girls sharing a slushie at the Princesses on Ice show and said they were sharing because they were $15 a piece! Forget a college fund, we need to also start an "overpriced events" fund for Baby Kelly : )

Happy early birthday to Caroline! I can't believe how big they are getting!!

Megan said...

Wow! Princesses, Ice Skating? What more could a little girl ask for?! You're the best mom ever. :)
Happy Birthday, Caroline!

Ms. Thomas said...

I think one ticket to see the princess show would be fair... ;)

Looks like a fun birthday. And I love that Barbie is leaning to the side. Your family rocks.

Ms. Thomas said...

Oh yeah, I thought I was your best friend. hahahaha!