Sunday, March 27, 2011

Better Housekeeping

This morning while on Facebook I saw photos of our friends Jen's adorable new nursery and Melissa's beautiful new living room. And I felt inspired. Inspired to show off the destruction that two little girls can create in a matter of minutes.

Here's the girls' room. They were "playing" in there while I took a shower.

Somehow, somewhere Caroline got a hold of a permanent marker. Believe me I don't just leave those lying around. But she managed to get one while I was in the shower. And of course the only place to use a sharpie is on the walls and furniture.

After I got out of the shower and freaked out about the mess in the room and the marker, the girls went upstairs to play while I got dressed. And in just minutes....

Yeah. Nothing is quite the same after you have kids. Especially the house!

6 comments:

Sperrrrrrbs said...

Lisa,
This had me ROLLING! I have absolutely thought about how our house will change when kids come into the picture. I get worn out cleaning up after Derek and me (and Derek does most of the work!). I'm amazed at the before and after shot! Bless you!! :)
Melissa

Jen said...

OMG! This scares me just a little bit ... I seriously can't believe that two little girls are responsible for this! Aren't supposed to be the "quiet, tea party and stuffed animals" gender?

Megan said...

Way to go girls! If you're gonna mess up a room, do it right.

I think my house is somewhere between yours and Jen's, for now, pristine abode.
This kinda reminds me of my house as a kid. :)

Ms. Thomas said...

That's what fun looks like!

Also, I know two very spoiled little girls. All those toys, and Caroline wants to play with a Sharpie. Go figure.

Lisa said...

Jen, the girls' get into WAY more than Jonah ever did. I think partly because there are two of them and partly because they are just much more inquisitive and precocious. And Amber yes way spoiled. I'm ready to yard sale ALL they toys. RN school fundraiser maybe? Haha!

Jennifer Harvey said...

I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THIS!!! Your house looks like mine! LOL! I think we have the exact same sharpie drawings. When I post on pic on here or FB I am always looking in the background to make sure you can't see a big mess.