Saturday, May 01, 2010

Derby Day

Today is the Derby for the horses but last Saturday was my Derby. Only it absolutely was not the fastest two minutes in sports. I ran the Kentucky Derby miniMarathon. Oh my gosh it was tough. Tougher than childbirth I think. I did it in 2 hours and 33 minutes. By the end I was just thrilled to finish. It was funny though because I finished at the same time as the first place woman for the full marathon. I did train for it by following a ten week training course. I can't even begin to imagine doing a full marathon (you go Jen!). I think I probably will do a half again. Someday. Also I totally have to thank David for his support. I never could have done it without him. And my kids for inspiring me to do it.

4 comments:

Philip Deskins said...

I wasn't aware you were running in this. Why don't we all run in the midsummer nights run in August? I am running at the gym so maybe I can keep up with you. It'd be fun!

Philip Deskins said...

8/14/2010
Let's do this!

Lisa said...

Oh yeah I'm game. The midsummer run was a lot of fun. I hope it isn't as hot this year though. David will even make lasagna again.

Jen said...

It's on my calendar! Be there or be square!

I had no idea David made lasagne after major sporting events that his friends and family were participating in ... good to know : )