Monday, May 31, 2010

Bounces Off the Walls

Caroline is my little Energizer bunny. She is constantly moving. And has no fear. I'm always trying to think of how I can help her burn off some of that excess energy she has. I remember as early as the 2008 Olympics Shawn Johnson's parents saying they first enrolled her in gymnastics to help her use up some of the incredible amounts of energy she had and thinking that she sounded a lot like Caroline. Even Caroline's preschool teacher this past year suggested that gymnastics would be perfect for Caroline. So after Caroline's third birthday we decided to use some of her birthday money to try out a class. And she loved it.

Look at this place. It was made for Caroline!
Caroline on the balance beam.
Strong arms Caroline! (That's what the instructor calls it.)Caroline on the bar thingy.
At first I just put Caroline in shorts and t-shirt but then I had to get her a leotard so she fit in with the other girls. She was so thrilled.
Doesn't she look adorable? Kate was looking quite adorable that day too.So I just had to get their picture together.They both refuse to look at the camera. But maybe the pictures are better that way. Anyway! Any donations for the Caroline gymnastics fund will be greatly appreciated. ;)

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness Lisa!!

The babes are just tooo cute! It looks like Caroline is LOVING gymnastics!!

Anonymous said...

I will gladly contribute to the Caroline gymnastics fund! I was in gymnastics when I was her age...I can't wait until she learns "skin the cat and put the fur back on." That was my favorite thing to do on the bar!

Jennifer

Jen said...

She looks soooo cute with her leotard and the pigtails! I, too, was a fan of the old "skin the cat" move ... I was so good at it, I decided not to move any further with my studies : )

Ms. Thomas said...

They are so cute!!!