Thursday, April 16, 2009

Officially 2 and Terrible

Okay she's not terrible. Well sometimes she's a little terrible. If you've had the joy of being a parent to a two year old then you know exactly what I mean. However she's awfully precious to us and wanted to make her birthday special. For the first part of her birthday celebration we took her to see Sesame Street Live. She's been very into Elmo and Zoe and LOVED the show. David and I didn't enjoy it as much as she did but we enjoyed seeing her have a good time.

Caroline and daddy looking over the program before the show.
Once the show started Caroline was mesmerized.
Her favorite part was the disco scene. Maybe I should get a disco ball for the girls' room.
For the second part of her birthday we got Caroline a swing set. Well it's really for both girls. This just seemed like a good time to get it.

David and our good friend Rob looking over the swing set instructions and multitude of parts. (Thank you for all your help Rob!!!) I've never seen anyone as excited as David to put a swing set together.
They did it! Caroline refers to it as her "castle."
All in all I think Caroline had a pretty nice birthday. Although I doubt she'll remember much of it. Let's bring on age three!!

Happy Birthday Caroline!!! We love you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an exciting birthday!! Happy Birthday Caroline!
Seeing Dave soak up this daddy role almost brings a tear to my eye. :)
Megan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!
The Big 2!!! Stop growing already :-)

Love,
Shannon

LKS said...

She is so sweet!

Happy Birthday Caroline!

Kristin

Ms. Thomas said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Caroline! You and Dave look like you were made for mommying and daddying. Those are some happy babes you've got!

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

Isn't this season of life crazy and amazing all at the same time! Looks like you guys are doing a great job! Looks like a fun birthday to me!!!

Shanonita said...

What a nice swing set! I hope Caroline had a great birthday. Renee was especially...um...demanding : ) on that day. 2 year olds, I find myself oft repeating that corny phrase from the commercial: 'Calgon, take me away! : )'