Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pool Time!

I love to go to the pool and this past summer was no exception. Like last summer we got a pool pass to the public pools. Lexington has really nice public pools with slides, diving boards, sprinklers, and even playground equipment. David doesn't care so much for the pool but luckily the kids enjoy it as much as I do. It didn't take long for Caroline to love the pool. Caroline was much like Jonah when he was little and totally fearless in the water, which actually scares me a little.

Isn't Caroline cute in her bikini? Caroline and Bubby, Caroline's pet name for Jonah now.

Caroline mastered the kiddie slide in no time.Jonah and his buds.David doesn't like the public pool but he did hang out with Caroline some in the baby pool we got for the back yard.
The bad thing about the pool this past summer was that I had to get my first maternity bathing suit. Since Jonah was born in February and Caroline in April I never needed one before. Boo!

6 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

I read the part where you said David didn't like the pool and almost fell over dead. Then I saw him in the backyard pool and realized it's the same old David. Give him a backyard and an inflatable pool, and there goes the summer.

Caroline is so cute in her kini! Thanks for the updates! Tell Dave happy birthday too!

Anonymous said...

Haha! Yes I should have clarified that he doesn't like the public pool. He still reminisces about inflatable pools in the back of Bob O Link.
Lisa

Jen said...

Did he actually let you keep the pool this year, or is it being repackaged to be returned to Wal-Mart?

Shannon said...

Lisa- Would you mind sending that one of Jonah and Caroline to me in the mail?? I'll email you my address...Goodness I miss you all VERY much

Shanonita said...

finally!! your back! we missed you gals and guys.

Ms. Thomas said...

I forgot he returned them to Wal-Mart. Hilarious.