Saturday, March 15, 2008

Jonah's Treasures

Although I'm not extremely knowledgeable on the subject, art has always been something I very much enjoy. The first time I really remember being introduced to any kind of art is when my family visited the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Petersburg, FL when I was 13. I was enthralled. Ever since I have always found artists and their work absolutely fascinating. Although not exactly comparable to the great artists (except to mom!), I have found one of the great perks of parenthood for me to be the works of art that Jonah brings home on occasion. I treasure every piece. Luckily for me Jonah's school has a fantastic art program and teacher. I remember when he was in first or second grade explaining to me why Warhol and Van Gogh (or maybe it was Picasso) are his favorite artists. I personally was pretty impressed. Here are a few of my favorites.

Starry Night a la Jonah.
Jonah's attempt at Cubism.
Sunflowers through Jonah's eyes.
I think that even if I owned an actual piece of original art work I would love Jonah's art more.

4 comments:

Shanonita said...

Wow! Those are REALLY good! I am so impressed. They are very artsy fartsy. I like his art better than a lot of stuff I see too. I especially like the cubism and the flower pot.

Ms. Thomas said...

I love the sunflowers by Jonah. You know, my birthday is coming up in case he wants to create a masterpiece for display in the Scotthomas Museum of Art. We welcome exclusively contemporary unnamed artists.

What a soulful boy. Lucky you.

Jen said...

I LOVE the Starry Night painting! I wish I had 1/10 of his talent! Keep posting his masterpieces!

Anonymous said...

Are you sharing? or looking for a great grandma gift? Excellent, and suitable for framing and hanging on grandma and grandpa's wall.
Paula