Friday, August 05, 2011

Vacay 2011 Part II - DISNEY!

Yes we made it to the Magic Kingdom. I would never recommend taking a two year old to Disney. But Disney was only an hour and a half drive away from the resort we were staying, so we went! Both the girls love, love, love the Disney princesses. Jonah didn't go with us to Disney but went to a water park at Sea World, Aquatica, with my mom's husband. They didn't care to see the princesses. Although they loved Aquatica and had an awesome time. That's why Jonah's not in any of these pictures.

The girls were thrilled when they saw Cinderella's castle. Although you can't tell from Caroline's expression here. That's my nephew, Dylan, sitting next to Kate. Kate would regularly get angry throughout the day because she wanted to go into the castle and wake up Cinderella she said.
There's a smile!
First we saw a music show put on by all the characters right in front of the castle. The girls loved it, and Daddy picked them both up to see better. I did take Kate from him after I took this pic. One down side of the day was that it was unbelievably hot. I have know idea how those character people wear those costumes and dance around in that heat. I kept expecting one of them to pass out.
Nothing like sweet, sugary, sticky cotton candy on blistering, hot, sticky day!
Mmmmmmmm...
Here comes the parade!
Mickey and Minnie!!!
While we were waiting for the parade to begin, a couple asked if I would watch their stroller while they went to get drinks and of course I did. Turned out the couple were employees at the park. They told me that if our girls made a heart sign to the characters in the parade that the characters would do it back to them. But only in the particular spot that we were in. So Caroline did and it worked! All the characters made the heart sign back to her and some would even walk right up to us and shake our hands. Caroline was beyond thrilled! That was really, really neat. I even managed to get a photo of it...
Here we are going into "It's a Small World." Have to do that ride.
We all loved it. Except maybe David.I've talked before about Kate's love of animals, and particularly horses. She saw this merry go round and went nuts. She had to ride it. And when the ride ended she freaked. We ended up taking her on this ride like three or four times. Lol!
We had gotten there around noon and left at about 8. Just in that time we were all exhausted. All three kids passed out as soon as the car started. Very happy.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Soooooo much fun! I can't wait to take Anna to Disney World, but not for a while, ha.

A friend and I went to most of the parks last year after we ran the Disney Princess half marathon. The day of the race, after a nap, we treated ourselves to a "bar crawl" at Epcot and tasted drinks from around the world : )

The other day we actually rode rides and enjoyed the park. It's a Small World and Pirates of the Carribean are still my all time faves!

Lisa said...

My mom talked me into taking the girls on the Pirates of the Carribean. Kate cried the entire ride and Caroline didn't like it much better. Lol!

D, A, B, Z, and Ak said...

wow!!! looks like fun for your girls!!! nice parents you are!!! love the heart gesture at the parade!!!