Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Elements

Like just about everyone else I think, I am so DONE with snow. Bring on spring. It's especially not fun when you have little kids literally bouncing off the walls. (Come to my house and you will see Caroline bouncing off the walls.) Yeah we do go to places like the library, mall playground, and children's museum but sometimes bundling up two toddlers and transporting them in and out of the car in freezing temperatures is just more trouble than it's worth. If it's nice enough, at least above freezing, I will take them outside but that lasts about 30 minutes max right now. Poor little Kate gets cold quickly and still falls down a lot.

When I saw this idea in a parenting magazine, I thought it was pure genius. So simple yet I had never thought of it. Bring some snow inside. So I did and the girls loved it. Particularly Caroline who played with it for over an hour (with occasional snow refills), which in toddler time is almost an eternity.

We didn't even have to take off our pajamas!
Even though we were inside, a pair of gloves is still a good idea.
Caroline even said I was the best mom ever for making this miniature snowman. Awwww!
Luckily Dad can take the bigger kids out on his days off for more traditional snow fun.
Okay. Next season please!

4 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

Two toddlers AND snow?!! You have my respect and admiration.

We have cabin fever and it's just me and Mack hating the outside and watching terrible television with vodka-based happy hours. I wouldn't even begin to know how to cope with something that can't have vodka...

Shannon said...

you are the best mom ever Lisa! Awesome idea!!!!

Jen said...

Are you guys looking to adopt one more? Say, a 30ish year old that wants someone to think of fun ways to entertain her during these snowy months??!!

Dreams Do Come True said...

saw that you are from Lexington,ky...

I live in richmond,ky and would love for you to follow my blog
I will return the favor...

I love getting new blogs to read and would love to follow more from my area and maybe make some friends

leave me a comment letting me know if you are following me

My Blog Click Here!