Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sammich

Friday was the last day I babysat our friends Matt and Kara's baby Samantha. I've been watching her three days a week for about six months now, since she was 2 months old. She is an absolute doll and such a sweet baby. David and I could not believe how good she was. When she was tired she just went to sleep, which was often. I didn't have to bring out the vacuum like I did for Caroline. Caroline fell in love with Samantha immediately. She constantly wanted to hug her and cried the first two weeks every time Samantha's daddy would take her home. Most of the pictures I have of Samantha are on my cell phone (since my camera disappeared over the summer) which I cannot figure out how to down load. But here are some of the ones that I took on my camera.

Caroline giving Samantha a hug. I was so afraid Caroline was going to hurt her but she got to be very good around Sam. Watching Samantha has been such a wonderful experience for getting Caroline used to being around a baby and getting me used to watching a toddler and a baby.

This picture cracks me up (David doesn't think I should post it). Where did Caroline get a G-string? Once Samantha started to sit up she and Caroline really started to interact and even play together.
Caroline could always get Samantha to laugh.


We're really going to miss you Samantha! Tell your mommy and daddy to bring you back for a play date.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww. What beautiful babies!

Now I know what Matt would look like without teeth....

Jennifer

Shannon said...

she's going to be SUCH a good big sister :-)

Love,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

that is soooo cute! makes me think of having another...hmmmm

Shannon H.

Ms. Thomas said...

Little girls are soooo cute! It's nice to get to see Matt & Kara's baby girl, too. Lisa, you have a way with the little people, don't you? The vacuum?!! Seriously? I would run from the house screaming if that's what it took.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we thought about it.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen pics of Samantha since she was teeny tiny. Both of the girls are so cute!
-Kristin

Jen said...

Soooo cute! I just spent the weekend with a friend's 7 month old and now officially have baby fever! I guess a dog is a better first step though... : )

Jen said...

Any updates on the pending labor and delivery??

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! It's December 1!

Bring on the baby!

Jennifer