Saturday, August 18, 2007

Him, mom, HIM! Part II

Over the past several months Moby's fur had gotten pretty badly matted so I decided I better take her to a pet groomer. I wasn't going to try and deal with that mess. While I was on the phone making an appointment, Jonah was in the room listening closely.

Groomer: Is the cat a male or a female?
Me: Female
Jonah: He's a male mom!
Groomer: Has she been spayed?
Me: Yes, she has.
Jonah: He, mom, HE!
Goomer: How old is she?
Me: She's about 5 to 6 years old.
Jonah: MOM! HE! Movey is a HE!
Me: (After an outburst of laughing.) I'm sorry ma'am.

Once I got off the phone, Jonah was pretty upset with me and demanded to know why I always get Moby's gender wrong. So I decided to tell him the truth.

Me: Jonah. I think it's time that you know the truth. Moby is a girl.
Jonah: (Without hesitation.) No mom. You're wrong. Movey doesn't have any nipples and girl cats have nipples so that they can feed their babies.

At that point I decided to just let it go. I wasn't going to try and argue with his logic.

2 comments:

Shanonita said...

Was Jonah like that when he found out about Santa Claus?

Anonymous said...

Jonah still believes. He did ask just the other day if Santa buys some of the presents.