Thursday, April 05, 2007

Good News and Bad News

Good news-
I had my 40 week doctor appointment this morning. I am officially overdue since my due date was Tuesday. They did a fetal non-stress test. The baby is well. I am having contractions, and I found out I'm 2 centimeters dilated. Yay progress! The doctor scheduled me to be induced on Tuesday at 5am (what?!), but he really thinks I might go into labor before then (Easter baby?). We'll keep you posted.

Bad news-
This morning Jonah was complaining of a sore throat. He didn't have a fever, so I told him to hurry his booty up and get ready to go. He's on spring break this week and has been attending a YMCA day camp. Well as soon as I got to work after my doctor appointment, the Y called saying they were very concerned because Jonah hadn't been acting like himself and wouldn't eat. Oh geez. I'm starting to feel guilty. So I pick him up at the Y and take him to the doctor. The poor thing slept on the examining table while we waited for the doctor. I'm feeling really bad. Doctor checks him out, and it's strep throat. I feel like complete dirt. He's on antibiotics now and will be fine.

I'm starting to get a sense of the hecticness that will begin as a mother of two.

2 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

Poor Jonah. I can't remember any of the times my mom sent me to school when I felt bad. What I do remember is her coming to the rescue and making me feel better. You're an awesome mom, and I think someday he'll forgive you for being 40+ weeks pregnant, getting him to the Y Camp on time, and then taking him to the doctor when you realized he was actually sick. The real question is... what's the matter with Caroline??? Get here already!

Jen said...

Huury Caroline, hurry, hurry, hurry!