Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy B-Day JB!!!!

I don't know which is more unbelievable that Jonah has turned 8 or that I'm the mother of an 8 year old. His actual birthday was Saturday. (Yes! He won first place on his birthday.) We wanted to make this birthday a little extra special with the baby coming, so we had a bowling party for him on Sunday (so it wouldn't interefere with the pinecar derby). Jonah came home very upset after the invitations had been passed out saying that no one would be able to come because the party was on Sunday. Then I got very worried. You don't want your child's birthday party to bomb! Never fear however, we eventually had 13 girls and boys call and RSVP. David and I were extremely nervous. At this age, parents drop their kids off and leave. At first it was extremely hectic, greeting everyone, getting their shoes, and getting them into the bowling lane computer. After that however, things went pretty smoothly, and I think all the kids had a pretty good time.

Time for pizza! (The boys in the front don't look very happy for some reason.)

Then cake. Mmmmmmmm!
The whole crazy gang. (I was so glad I made them all wear name tags!)
I think this will be a birthday Jonah will never forget!

3 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

What a cute party! I had a Chuck E Cheese birthday party when I was like 6 and I still remember it. Jonah sure is a lucky boy!

Jen said...

Kid b-day parties are the best - I have such fond memories of mine at Champs Roller Rink!

Also, kudos to you both for managing 13 kiddos on your own!!

Ms. Thomas said...

I'm just curious... who's the girl in plum flashing the rock star sign? What an animal!!