Saturday, February 24, 2007

Annual Pinecar Derby

Perhaps you have heard of the cub scouts' annual pinecar derby race. It's a pretty big deal to all the boys. Actually, it's a pretty big deal to all the boys and the dads. Especially David. I haven't seen him get so excited about something since fantasy football. Last year was Jonah's first year participating. He and David built a car together but didn't really know what they were doing. Poor Jonah's car came in dead last. It was a year of learning. This year, however, David was on a mission.
...and here it is! Isn't she a beauty?
Jonah with his car.
Jonah's car about to race. Jonah won all three of his races!!!
And the winner is.....
That's right! Jonah's (and David's) car came in first place!!!!! I don't know who was more excited. Now Jonah's car gets to race in the district championship. I'll keep you updated.

Special thanks to Rob and Olly for their help!

7 comments:

Philip Deskins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Philip Deskins said...

Why wasn't I asked for help? I'm a former Pinewood Derby champion myself ya know! Oh well, looks like you did fine without me. Welcome to the hall of champions, Jonah.

Ms. Thomas said...

Finally, Dave's greatest accomplishment! Good thing Jonah was there to keep it legit.

On another note, is the blog going to be relocated to davidlisajonahcaroline.blogspot.com???

Anonymous said...

Geez! I don't know. I have a hard enough time just keeping this thing updated. I want to add links at some point.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jonah and David. As another little bit of fun, I'll buy David a 12 pack of Bud Light if he can name all of the Nascar Drivers in the cardboard cut-outs they are standing in front of.

Anonymous said...

Can I get 4 beers for getting 2 right? I believe the front two are Mark Martin and Jeff Burton. I'm tired of looking at pictures of guys though, so I think I give up.
No, give me a little more time. Can you tell me how long ago that picture was taken?
David

Anonymous said...

Hint(s)!!! All five drivers were on the same team at one time (obviously that's why they are all in the same picture). Also, the front two, and the far left (back row) are no longer on the team. I'm not sure how old the picture is, but from the looks of a couple of the sponsors, it's at least 3-5 years old(ish).