Sunday, October 16, 2005

Tiger Cub

Jonah joined cub scouts this year! He absolutely loves it. The first graders are known as tiger cubs. I took Jonah on his first cub scout camp out a couple of weeks ago. We had a blast.


I took Jonah to his first cub scout camp out a couple of weeks ago. We both had a blast. David went to the Bengals game.


Jonah got to shoot a bb gun. He was thrilled of course. He was the only scout in his group that knew all the parts of a gun. I was pretty surprised that he knew them at all.


We also got to participate in a fishing derby. Unfortunately, I couldn't even figure out how to bait a hook.


Luckily, these nice guys from our pack taught both Jonah and I how to bait a hook. Thanks to their help, Jonah caught five fish! He was pretty darn excited.


On Columbus Day, Jonah and the scouts were in a parade in downtown Lexington.


This is Jonah with his best bud Joseph who lives on our street.


David and I got to ride in the hummer limousine that pulled the scouts' float. This was David's first time in a parade and my first time in a limousine. Did you know they charge $200 an hour for those things?!


I don't know about you all, but I thought these clowns at the parade were just right down scary!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the new cub scout! Great blog, we're enjoying it.
Paula

Philip Deskins said...

This takes me back to when I was a cub scout! Cool photos Lisa! Are you a Den Mother?
And yes, those clowns are scary. How did John Wayne Gacy make his way to Lexington?

Anonymous said...

Dave, you never participated in the Golden Armour? HMMMM-amy

Philip Deskins said...

Lisa- I'm tired of looking at that bouquet of flowers! Ok, we get it, Dave's a really nice guy underneath it all, move on!
Update already!
GEEZ! :)