Saturday, October 22, 2011

First Field Trip!

I've always tried to and loved to chaperone Jonah's school field trips. Even as he's gotten older it seems to mean a lot to him. So I was pretty bummed to realize that I wouldn't be able to chaperone Caroline's very first field trip because I had clinicals for nursing school the same day. Well, I figured that Daddy would just have to step up to the plate and that it would be a good bonding experience for them. So D volunteered and passed the criminal background check in order to do so. Caroline's teacher was actually happy to have a Dad volunteer. I guess that doesn't happen often. She assigned D two girls to his group to transport and chaperone... Caroline and her buddy Emma C. (There are 3 Emma's in her class.) I don't know if all the volunteer parents had only two in their groups or if the teacher gave a "dad" lighter duty.

Caroline and Emma C. in our party van on the way.
Safely at the destination!
There's D! What is that expression?!

Caroline's K-4 class.
Hayride!
Havin' a ball!
Caroline had a wonderful time and very much enjoyed having her Daddy there. David had a good time too and said that he would volunteer to chaperone a field trip again. (He was actually quite nervous before hand.) And he was quite taken with Emma C. who turned out to be quite a cutie. I'm very proud of D and his new found chaperoning talent. Good job Daddy!

1 comment:

Ms. Thomas said...

Wait, David passed a background check? Just kidding! Glad to see he's still wrapped around Caroline's little finger. What a good daddy!