Saturday, March 27, 2010

Sad News


We lost part of our family on Thursday. After a long struggle with feline diabetes we lost Moby. We tried medication and I even gave her daily insulin injections. At first the insulin seemed to work great and Moby seemed like her old self for awhile. But then her body grew resistant to it for some reason and eventually the insulin quit working at all. Jonah was of course very upset. Moby was his pet since he was three and slept with him every night. This week is his spring break and he is going camping with my Grandad in West Virginia which will be a great distraction I think. Moby was such a sweet cat. We already miss her very much and will never forget her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! Please give Jonah my deepest condolences. I'm sure Moby loved Jonah just as much as he loved her.

Jennifer

Philip Deskins said...

It's always tough to lose a pet at that age. I hope Jonah is OK. I know he loved that cat.

Jen said...

So sad for you guys!! Hugs coming your way!

Ms. Thomas said...

Sorry you lost Moby. We lost Kitty last spring and it was awful for Mack, who'd had her for 20+ years!

If it makes Jonah feel better, s/he's in kitty heaven with Sam and Grouch and Bob and Raimy and Kitty and probably Hera (in true Hera fashion she just ran off and now we'll never know). And I bet they are partying down.