Saturday, September 05, 2009

Title

I have been really unmotivated about the blog lately. I started this blog for all of our family and friends who live out of town and don't get to see the kids very often. But now I don't even really think any of them, with the exception of a few of our friends, even check the blog. Maybe I should just give up on the blog. But I hate to do that too. I've been doing this for so long now. I don't know. Anyway here's what we've been up to lately...

Jonah started fifth grade. He also joined the band and chose to play the trumpet. David played trombone in middle school and I played the saxophone in middle and high school. So we're excited for him to learn how to play an instrument. Caroline was extremely jealous.
Caroline started preschool. It's a 2 year old program at a co-op preschool (http://www.coopschool.org/ if you're interested) that she attends two mornings a week. I really like the school so far and Caroline LOVES it. She didn't want to leave on the first day. Also she has quit taking naps. I am devastated.
Kate is crawling, pulling herself up, and has even stood on her own a few times. And she has two teeth. One on bottom and one on top. Like a jack-o-lantern. She now LOVES the wagon. David and I have put in a lot of hours lately pulling the wagon.I ran a 5k for the first time. 40min and 11sec. I'm running regularly now and plan on even trying a 10k in October (with our friends Jen and Mike, yay!). I know I look like hell in this picture but oh well. It was unbelievably hot that night. Don't you love the look on Jonah's face! David and the kids waited for me at the finish line. Plus David made lasagna to celebrate. He's such a good husband!And last but not least, David is absolutely thrilled that football starts today. He's in 2 fantasy football leagues this year. I hope he wins us some money. David even made us have a flag changing ceremony this year to honor the start of football season.Well that's it for now.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you quit the blog I'm going to pout. A lot.

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Oh, and that's awesome you did the 5K! I'm so proud of you!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Please don't quit blogging...I love seeing pics of the kiddos! I understand though... I started our blog for family more than friends but none of the family ever looks at it so I've pretty much given up. I'll keep readin' as long as you keep postin': )

-kristin

Anonymous said...

Lisa please don't stop the blog!!! I love it so much!!!

Awesome for Jonah playing the trumpet..I played the flute in middle and high school!

And I can't believe Caroline is in preschool and Kate is starting to stand!!!

And YAY FOR YOU!!! Running a 5K!! Awesome!!!

I miss and love all the Schandings and love this blog!!

Love,
Shannon

Anonymous said...

I know the blog takes a lot of time. I remember the days when I did the Schanding News. I enjoy watching the blog, though.
Congrats on your run.
Uncle Greg did trumpet at NHHS.
I'll bet Caroline is the leader of that preschool group already.
Grandma S

Ms. Thomas said...

You think no one reads it... but they do! Please don't give up on it.

It's okay to take breaks if you're feeling burnt out, but even if it's just photos, I love seeing what the Schandingalings are up to. And your kids are so cute.

Look back through your archives. That's what I do when I'm feeling done with blogging and then I see all the little things that happen in our lives and I'm glad there is a record. So many things that would be lost if they weren't written down... like a changing of the flag ceremony. That is too cute!

Jen said...

Don't give up! I'm out of town and I love your updates!! Since the job doesn't pay well ... you are allowed to take breaks at your own will : )

A friend of mine pointed me to a blogging trend called Wordless Wednesdays, where you just post a picture(s). I may try that for everyday of the week : )

Lisa said...

Thanks everyone! That was the kick in the pants I needed.