Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Newest TV Addict

For about two months now I've been babysitting our friends' daughter Samantha. She's four months and cute as can be (I'll post some pictures later.). Caroline just loves Samantha. For the first two weeks Caroline would cry when Samantha's mom or dad would take her home. Whenever I would need to feed Samantha a bottle however Caroline would get a little jealous. So I came up with the great idea of putting Barney on the TV whenever I needed to feed Samantha. Within a week or two Caroline became a full blown Barney addict. She started to bring us the remote control to turn Barney on and have a full blown tantrum if we refused. Oops! Maybe it wasn't such a great idea. Barney has been a huge lifesaver on long trips however. We just pop in a Barney dvd into our portable dvd player and off we go. I guess there are worse things in life than watching Barney. And Caroline watching Barney is pretty darn cute I must admit.

(David asks that you please ignore the first and last ten seconds of the clip. He couldn't get it to edit right. Thanks!)

7 comments:

Shanonita said...

oh my! how cute! Renee has started doing the same thing with a show they have here (maybe you have it too?). It's called "In the Night Garden". She's not quite as animated as cute Caroline but she does hand me the remotes and make grunting demands that i put on her show. if i turn on another show, like something i want to watch, she gets very mad, storms off (crawling) and tries to bite the door (of all things). Funny babies.

Jen said...

Oh, this was the perfect start to my Friday! How cute is she??!! When I was a nanny we stayed away from Barney because he drove us bonkers, but "my kids" had the same reactions to the Nick and Disney shows. One series I really liked was Veggie Tales if Caroline decides to branch out.

Shannon said...

how cute!! The little girl I baby sit for LOVES Barney and Dora...you should see how Caroline feels about Dora!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Caroline's heart is really into Barn. She was the best Barney dancer on youtube.
Grandma P

Anonymous said...

the girls' loved this. what up with the arms????-amy

Ms. Thomas said...

normally I hate barney but he definitely deserves some credit for making an already adorable baby girl even more irresistible. What a cutie!!

Jen said...

A couple of responses to your comments on other blogs:

1. Ummmm, YES, we would LOVE to adopt Chase. Are you serious? I can't have a dog with my small yard, but we plan to move after the wedding...

2. Are you serious that David doesn't eat leftovers?

3. Unrelated - More posts, more posts!!