Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Doh!

I absolutely hate it when I forget my camera. I'll remember it after we've left the house, too late to turn back for it. Usually I forget it sitting by the computer where I last used it to download pictures for my blog. I've become notorious in David's family for forgetting something. My purse, or phone, or baby formula. When I forget my camera it's almost always for a really important event. Something that will never happen again and I'll never get a chance to record such memorable events. It drives me crazy!

Last month I forgot my camera when we attended David's grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary surprise party. That's right, sixty-five years. Isn't that awesome?! David's grandfather was a pilot in World War II. His grandparents, Stan and Alice, met at one of those military dances like you see in old war movies. Isn't that so romantic? I just adore his grandparents.

Here are Grandpa Stan and Grandma Alice with David's mom.

This past weekend I forgot my camera for my great grandmother's 90th birthday party/family reunion in West Virginia. Nana is my dad's paternal grandmother. My entire dad's side of the family was there. People I haven't seen in years and many relatives I have never even met before. Nana is an amazing woman. She only finished the eighth grade (in a one room school house), but she knows so much. She can bake the most delectable cobblers and pies from scratch. She can sew the most beautiful quilt and crochet. Her gardening skills are amazing. She makes the most delicious preserves and cans everything from the garden. She loves to hunt. Most importantly she is the most down to earth person I've ever known and can make anyone feel right at home.

Caroline and Nana, her great great grandmother. I have always very much loved and adored my grandparents. I feel that grandparents are one of the greatest blessings in life. I want my children to know their grandparents as well as I have. I only wish I would quit forgetting my camera when we see them!

4 comments:

Philip Deskins said...

Whoa...wait a sec there.. Loves to hunt??!?!

Shanonita said...

Caroline is a lucky girl with so many people around to love her! I think you and I have the same camera forgetting disease! Hopefully, there is a cure.

Jen said...

That is so neat that Caroline has so many grandparents and great grandparents!

Anonymous said...

Our little gran-daughter is so beautiful, and is growing so fast. WE really enjoyed seeing her and Jonah at Nana's birthday party.
We cannot wait to see you all again soon.
Love,
Grandma and Grandpa Moore