Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Perspective

What is going on with the weather lately? I know Kentucky weather can be pretty strange but this has been ridiculous. Last week we had severe thunderstorms and tornado warnings. We all woke up in the middle of the night when the weather alarms went off in our neighborhood. Luckily we didn't have any damage (Thank goodness! We just got a new roof because of the hail last spring.) but our power was out for half a day. Two days ago our gas meter actually froze due to the cold temperatures. We didn't have heat until sometime that afternoon when the gas company fixed it. Then it snowed that evening. Then the temperatures went up so it rained. And rained the entire next day. Then the temperatures dropped again. So the rain turned to ice and then to snow again. Insane!

I can't begin to tell you however how much this awful weather has made me appreciate being home full time now. I don't have to find Jonah alternative care since the schools have been closed. I don't have to bundle Caroline up and drag her out in the nasty weather to take to daycare. In fact we've had a pretty enjoyable couple of days. Jonah's been out all day playing in the snow with the neighborhood kids. Caroline and I whipped up some chocolate chip cookies for them to snack on (She loves watching the mixer!). All in all it's been a classic snow day that all kids dream about.

And none of this would be possible without my husband. Poor guy is out hard at work in all of this misery. For us. Thank you honey. We love you!

Caroline contemplates her first snow.
Jonah shovels the sidewalk. He's turning into such a little man!

Back inside. Attack of the static!

3 comments:

Shanonita said...

attack of the static!?! I hate it when that happens. she's so funny.
I can't believe all of the snow and everything. Sounds like you all had a nice cosy time though. I'm coming to your house next snow day : )

Jen said...

I love the static picture - classic!! I'm so excited that you're able to stay home with the kiddos and I'm sure they love it as well! Keep the updates coming - they get me through the week sometimes...

Ms. Thomas said...

Now I know why Dave puts her picture next to his bed when he goes to sleep. She looks so beautiful investigating the snow. She must be a scientist... an alcholic scientist, but a scientist nonetheless.