Saturday, February 23, 2008

My First Baby

I can't believe my boy is turning 9! Didn't he just start kindergarten yesterday? When you have a child I think the first year flies by, especially since pregnancy seems to last about five years. And then after they start school, time goes into warp speed. You're so busy with homework, projects, and after school activities that three months seem like a week. I find myself having thoughts like, "Oh gee Christmas is next week. Didn't school just start?" or "Twelve days left of school until summer break. Didn't they just have spring break?" Having Caroline brings back a lot of memories of Jonah being little. David asks me all the time if Caroline is the cutest baby I've ever seen. I do think she's adorable but I remember another baby that made my heart melt too.

Jonah's first birthday. This is the first time I realized Jonah has a serious sweet tooth.


This has always been one of my favorite pictures of Jonah. He's about 18 months here.


Here are a couple of pictures of David and Jonah right before Jonah's third birthday when David had come down to visit us in Florida.


Jonah with a couple of his buddies at his fourth birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.


To celebrate his ninth birthday Jonah had a sleep over with a few of his best buddies.

The boys were a lot crazier than David and I anticipated. I think they could challenge any frat boys' partying skills. After staying up until 5:30 am it took the whole family to get Jonah up.


Happy Birthday JB! We love you!

4 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

He is so handsome. I love the baby cake picture. Reminds me of how he looked eating your and Dave's wedding cake... I've never seen a kid's eyes roll back like that over food. Happy Birthday Jonah!

Philip Deskins said...

it's about time the boy gets some play on this blog!

Shanonita said...

What an angel baby face! Those pictures are so great of Jonah and Dave on the beach. Happy Birthday Jonah! Those boys do look like good party-ers. Did they keep everyone up til 5am? did they freeze any undergarments? mix mystery gross drinks and make their friends drink them? Caroline is so cute waking him up. Thanks for sharing Jonah's special days.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Jonah!! He gets more handsome everytime I see him!