Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy MLK Day!

Today was an eventful day in the Schanding household. We all had the day off. So we made a trip to the mall where Caroline got her ears pierced for the first time. Personally I think baby girls with pierced ears are absolutely adorable but some people find it tacky. I decided to wait until Caroline asked to get her ears pierced. Today she asked. Or agreed to anyway.

Here she is picking out her first pair of earrings.

She sat on my lap for the big event, and they pierced them at the same time.

She was quite upset after it happened and cried for several minutes. Luckily an icee helped melt away the pain.
Also today big boy Jonah got his first pair of glasses. Here he is fleeing out the front door while I tried to get his picture. I thought he would hate them but he's too excited to be able to see.

I don't know what any of this has to do with Martin Luther King but it made for a memorable day!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Yay, Caroline! Congrats on the pierced ears. And welcome to the club, Jonah! Glasses rule!

Shannon said...

Way to be brave Caroline!!! And welcome to the club Jonah..people who wear glasses rock :-)

Jen said...

Yay for pierced ears and glasses for the Schandings!!

I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 10 and loved that it was a special day for my Mom and me : )

Anonymous said...

I remember getting my ears pierced when I was 6. My mom kept laughing at me b/c I kept looking at my "grown-up ears" in every mirror we passed!

I picked out little pearls...was that what Caroline had in her ears?

Jennifer

P.S. Almost every successful person I know wears glasses....and I've never seen a mug shot of a person wearing glasses. Good news on both fronts.

Ms. Thomas said...

She looks so cute! I also love earrings on baby girls. Congrats on all the kiddos getting so big and grown up.