Saturday, January 12, 2008

What Happened to 2007?

Holy cow! The months have flown by and I need to update I guess. Let me catch everyone up. Last thing I remember was Thanksgiving I think. We were able to see a lot of our families.

Caroline and Grandpa in WV

The Schanding cousinsI flew down with the kids (by myself!) to my mom's in Florida the weekend after Thanksgiving (the busiest travel days of the year!) I had been super nervous about the trip but everything went extremely well. I have to give props to Delta.

Atlanta airportMimi and more cousins

We decided to put up a real tree even though I was afraid Caroline would knock it down or eat the needles. She hardly bothered it at all as it turned out.The kids had a very nice Christmas. Jonah got the Nintendo DS from Santa that he wanted and Caroline enjoyed all the wrapping paper, and the presents. The big news was that Caroline got her two front teeth for Christmas! The bottom two. I knew they'd come eventually.
We spent New Year's in Nashville where David got to go to see UK in the Music City Bowl. David's sister and family stayed in the same hotel. We had a really good time. Unfortunately I don't have any photos since the batteries in my camera died.

Last but not least, my last day at work was January 4th. Caroline was sick constantly between Thanksgiving and Christmas. We even had to take her to the ER one night. She did have two ear infections at one point but mainly the doctors said it was viruses that she was picking up at daycare. So David and I decided it would be best for me to stay at home. We want to keep Caroline more like this... So everyone should be caught up. Hopefully I'll be able to update more often now.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Thank goodness! I can vouch for her cuteness - I saw it in person this weekend - she's a true doll!

Shannon said...

I can't wait to see you all so very soon in Steamboat! Jonah is so grown up I can't stand it! I hope he's ready for some serious snowboarding and video game playing (Chandler LOVES video games)! Caroline is too cute..she's gotten soo big! I hope she likes the table we got her! Happy New Year! Give the kids and David my love!

Anonymous said...

I loved Jonah's Christmas reaction! And, of course, Caroline's still the cutest baby ever.

Congratulations on updating, now it's Philip's turn.

Jennifer

Shanonita said...

i was wondering where you guys and dolls were...
caroline has so much hair!!! she's such a cutie.
sorry to learn about her ear infections...how do you know?? sometimes I wonder about renee, pulling her ear and sticking her finger in it.
caroline's a lucky girl though, all those ear infections won her All mommy All the time!
sorry renee and caroline didn't get to meet up over the holidays. they're virtual buddies at least.

Lisa said...

She didn't really have symptoms of ear infections, like pulling on her ears. She had a non-stop fever (often over 104!)so we kept taking her to the doctor about every other day. I think she was so congested that it led to the ear infections. Jonah's only symptom of an ear infection would be a fever also. Eventually they'll meet!

Ms. Thomas said...

Caroline has gotten so big! At Halloween she was bald and now she's already got the hair of a two year old. What a doll.

I'm so happy for you that you get to stay home Lisa. Caroline and Jonah are lucky kiddos. Now that you'll have so much free time, we should get regular updates, right? We better so we can stay caught up with how fast Caroline is growing!